IN THE NEWS
Star Transportation Group is an active part of the Pittsburgh community as well as many of the surrounding areas. Let us show you how we play an active role in the coming and goings of this triving community.
Veterans’ Taxi is newest Pittsburgh cab company on par with Yellow Cab
This cab war has it all: big company versus small, foreign-owned versus American and a feud that has percolated over the past six years since Robert DeLucia, owner of several transportation companies in Cranberry, first applied to operate a taxi service within Pittsburgh city limits.--Learn More--
Success with Corporate America
Robert DeLucia isn’t a man who knows how to quit. Or stop, it seems. While many are content to start one business and watch it grow, DeLucia is the president of four transportation-service related companies, each one applying its own innovate approach to business.--Learn More--
Bill would give boost to veterans
Pittsburgh City Council gave preliminary approval Wednesday to a bill that would funnel city contract dollars to veteran» owned businesses -- and that advocates said would make the city a national leader in such efforts.
VPG Has Very Big Plans for Its MV-1
Detroit’s Big Three? How about Big Four? It might be premature for that last change, but the Miami-based Vehicle Products Group can claim the first, as it manufactures the dedicated-CNG, Made-in-USA MV-1 taxi-paratransit vehicle via AM General in Mishawaka, Ind.
Star Transportation Group?
STG has a values-based leadership ethic. We are business leaders and community contributors.
· STG is Pittsburgh’s most technologically-advanced, reliable, full-service transportation company.
· STG is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· STG computer dispatch system uses GPS tracking, minimizing customer wait-times.
· STG Customer Service Department features a state-of-the-art telecommunications system to enhance communication between customers, service reps and drivers.
· STG routinely checks weather and traffic conditions to inform our drivers of the safest and most direct routes.
· STG is Pittsburghs first taxi company to use in-vehicle security cameras for passenger and driver safety.
· STG operates wheelchair-accessible cabs in two of our divisions, Classy Cab & Veterans Taxi to provide equal transportation access for all. Additionally we have our AirStar division of wheelchair accessible busses that can accommodate up to 4 wheelchairs.
· STG offers a suite of charge and debit cards for any transportation need or lifestyle to provide cash-less cab rides.
· STG operates clean-burning Compressed Natural Gas taxis as well as propane fueled & electric vehicles.
· STG is a leader in the transportation industry utilizing our natural eco friendly resources such as compressed natural gas, propane & electric vehicle forms of transportation. We have our own fueling station at our South Side location.